100 interesting facts about animals.
1 Chameleons can move their eyes in different directions at the same time.
2 Squirrel is the best gardener. Millions of trees grow because squirrels forget where the seeds are hidden.
3 An elephant’s tooth can weigh up to nine kilograms!
4 In mammals, blood is red, in insects yellow, in lobsters blue.
5 On average, cows poop 16 times a day.
6 Ants never sleep. Instead, they “rest” for eight minutes “rest” twice a day. The queen of ant rest takes 90 minutes a day.
7. Basenji is the only dog that cannot bark.
8. Only half of the dolphin’s brain is asleep. while sleeping the second half brain is awake and monitors the environment.
9. A flea can only move in leaps, the muscles of its legs are arranged like catapults. They accumulate energy and “shoot” a flea in a jump.
10. The eye of a giant squid the size of a basketball.
11. Hippos give birth under water to protect their children from falling!
12. The swan has more than 25,000 feathers on its body.
13. A 20-meter eel can generate energy that can light 12 light bulbs.
14. Snakes see through the eyelids.
15. Rats can laugh if you tickle them.
16. A mole can dig a tunnel up to 300 meters long in one night.
17 Because of his constant smile, the Kwokka is known to be considered the happiest animal.
18 Fur seals can hold their breath for two hours.
19. When oysters need to breed, they can change their gender.
20. Crows are so smart that they like to play pranks! They can even sneak up on the dog from behind and play grabbing its tail with its beak.
21. Giraffes do not have vocal cords, so they cannot “speak!”
22. Humpback whales make the loudest sound of any mammal, it can be heard for 20 kilometers!
23. Horses have a good memory; they can remember things, the people they met, and the skills they owned several years ago.
24. Zebras zigzag in order to escape from predators.
25 Ladybugs can take food with them.
26. In a narwhal, the color of the skin depends on its age: the lighter the skin, the older the narwhal.
27. In koalas, fingerprints are similar to human ones.
28. All meerkats have responsibilities in the group in which they live.
29. Crocodiles cannot stick out their tongues!
30. When spider monkeys meet, they hug each other.
31. Cats have 32 muscles in each of their ears.
32. Are bats the only mammals that can fly?
33. Polar bears left-handed.
34. The goldfish has a memory of 3 seconds
35. Even after the jellyfish has died, it can still sting.
36. Dung beetles can carry loads of 50 times its body weight.
37. The heart of the shrimp is in the head.
38. A snail can sleep for three years in a row.
39. The chipmunk’s cheeks can stretch out from nuts and food three times as much as his head.
40 The tiger has not only a striped skin, but also a body.
41 Seahorses swim “holding hands”, they tie their tails together.
42. An ostrich’s eye is larger than the size of its brain.
43. Wolves can eat 20 kg of meat in one meal.
44. Butterflies try food with their feet.
45. Golden eagle can fly at a speed of over 250 km / h.
46. Poison frog – the arrow can kill 2200 people.
47. Lions cannot growl until they are 2 years old.
48. Skunks can spray a protective stink in a radius of 10 meters.
49. Sharks lived before dinosaurs! Shark fossils date back 450 million years.
50. Unlike most types of cats, ocelots swim well.
51. Meadow dogs live in holes that have a private bathroom, a children’s area and a relaxation area.
52. Sailing fish is the fastest fish and reaches a speed of 115 km / h.
53 The male penguin “offers” the hand and heart to the female, giving her a stone. If she accepts it, she puts this gift in her nest.
54 The peacock is considered the most beautiful bird among chicken. Peacock is a very close relative of the rooster.
55. A newborn baby elephant weighs about 100 kilograms.
56. Groundhogs whistle when in danger.
57. Emperor penguins can dive to a depth of 500 meters and are able to hold their breath for 18 minutes.
58. There are 50 million monkeys in India.
59. Flies buzz with a note of FA.
60. A blue whale weighs like three elephants.
61. Gibbons have the longest arms among all primates.
62 Goats often burp.
63. Catfish have taste buds throughout the body.
64. A spatter can hit prey by spitting from a distance of 1.5 meters.
65. The wombats have poop square shape.
66 Llamas have no hooves.
67. Cubs – porcupines when born have soft needles that harden in a few days.
68. A camel can do without water for two weeks.
69. Elk has very sensitive horns.
70. Geckos sometimes eat their tails after loss.
71. Throughout life, a troublesome bee produces one twelfth of a teaspoon of honey.
72. The breeding rate of rats is so high that, under favorable circumstances, 2 rats could give offspring of 1 million rats within a year and a half.
73. Some moths can grow the size of the palm of an adult.
74. Young jackals are born underground.
75. A grasshopper can jump 20 times the length of his body.
76 In flamingos, their beautiful color comes from algae, diatoms, and small crustaceans that they eat and which are rich in carotene.
77. The turtles can be recognized by sound: males grumble, females hiss.
78 A fighting fish can survive without water for several hours.
79 Dragonflies can fly in any direction – forward, backward and sideways. These are the fastest flying insects, their speed reaches almost 100 kilometers per hour.
80 Blue whales are the largest animals on Earth.
81 People managed to photograph a live giant squid only in 2006. These half-ton monsters live at a depth of 200 meters to a kilometer.
82 Bees buzz with four wings, which make 11,400 flaps per minute. The bee’s flight speed is 25 kilometers per hour.
83 Asian giant hornet bites harder than all insects. We meet it in the Primorsky Territory.
84. The spider Tarantula can live without food for two years.
85. A wounded or frightened possum falls dead, his eyes become glassy, foam flows from his mouth, and stench emanates from anal glands. After the danger has passed, the possum comes to life and recovers.
86. There are no snakes in Ireland, Iceland, Greenland and Antarctica.
87. Geese love blueberries!
88. The silver ants of the Sahara desert can live at temperatures up to 158 degrees.
89. Goat milk has 5 times less fat than cow’s milk. Cow’s milk is absorbed an hour, goat – 20 minutes
90. Scorpions glow in the dark.
91. Seagulls can drink salt water. They have special glands that remove excess salt from the body.
92 Red pandas use their fluffy tail as a blanket to keep warm.
93. The only dog whose tongue is not pink is Chow Chow.
94. Japanese macaques learned to buy goods from vending machines.
95 Unlike land turtles, sea turtles do not pull their heads into the shell.
96. Emu can not walk back.
97. Sponges create their own special chemicals released in water to protect against predators.
98. Mice have more bones than humans: about 230. Humans have 206.
99 On average, a chicken lays 190 eggs per year
100. If a lion and a polar bear start to fight, the polar bear will win
Read… Interesting Whale Facts